If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Receivable Clerk - Toronto, ON
Accounts Receivable Clerk is directly responsible for performing day to day collections activities within the assigned portfolio of accounts. These include; following up with clients for payment, following up internally with other departments for unresolved disputes and providing any other assistance that the Credit Manager may require due to business needs. He/she will be required to contact 40-60 clients per day to make payment arrangements and escalate any issues to the Credit Manager. In addition, he/she will be responsible for pulling credit reports for all new credit applications received and to prepare the files for evaluation by the Credit Manager and call credit references when needed.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Collaborate with the Credit Manager to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Follow up with other departments to ensure that disputes are resolved within an acceptable time frame, as per company policy
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to customer accounts.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; transfer any accounts that are not cooperative in terms of making payment to the legal advisor if necessary
- Act as a backup for the other A/R clerks when needed
- Pulling credit reports from various credit reporting agencies, calling references when needed and preparing files with new credit applications for evaluation by the Credit Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- High School diploma and some post- secondary schooling
- 2+ years direct experience in an A/R role
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of collection regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong follow up skills and the ability to handle high volumes.
- Previous Construction Industry Experience preferred