If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Branch Manager - Victoria, BC
The Branch Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth operations of all departments within the branch and growing the business’s revenue and profitability. They will manage staff, foster a positive, progressive environment and ensure customer satisfaction with products and services. The Branch Manager will be responsible for implementing strategies to increase revenue and profit each month and annually.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Directing all operational aspects of the branch including outside sales, customer service, purchasing, logistics and administration.
- As a leader, builds, motivates, directs and trains his/her team to achieve the branch’s goals through commitment to the Company’s mission of delivering exceptional value to our customers.
- Promote and market the branch and its products through conducting product demonstrations with suppliers, customer appreciation days, and other events as well as attend trade shows to reinforce presence within the industry
- Assessing local market conditions and identifying current and prospective sales opportunities within the industry
- Working with Area Manager, Coastal BC to develop forecasts and business plans
- Identify areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that will meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities within the industry
- Meet with existing customers to identify growth opportunities and resolve any problems or complaints
- Prospecting for new customers on a continuous basis through a variety of methods
- Managing the showroom effectively and working alongside counter sales team to build and develop customer relations
- Monitoring sales targets by working with and directing staff to achieve goals
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and the company as well as participating in local industry associations
- Provide market intelligence to the entire organization
- Directing all processes and procedures relating to inventory counts
- Ensure compliance with all company policy and procedures
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, onboarding and training processes for employees
- Provide and organize product knowledge training, coaching, development and motivation for all branch personnel
- Foster continuous improvement culture
- Continually launch new product initiatives
- Meet regularly with vendor representatives to organize leads and product knowledge training and deal with supply, inventory, delivery and pricing issues.
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety rules, regulations, and standards within the branch
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Post Secondary Education, Diploma or Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 5 + years successful sales and sales operations leadership experience in a business to business distribution environment with a retail component.
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices
- Proven ability to meet sales and profitability goals.
- Results driven and customer focused
- The ability to delegate, set expectations, monitor progress, and achieve results
- Assist in the development of succession plans for all direct reports.
- Prioritization skills necessary to use time effectively and set action plans to achieve business targets.
- Exceptional communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching skills, ability to win trust and respect from team
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and sense of urgency
- Positive attitude, ability to work with a high level of energy and focus
- Proficient with Microsoft office and experience with CRM systems preferable.
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Thorough understanding of the Victoria construction market
- Knowledge of construction and concrete supplies would be an asset