If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Counter Sales Representative - Kelowna, BC
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Counter Sales Representative to join our team in beautiful Kelowna, BC!
This position is responsible for assisting to grow the customer base by selling a variety of products and services to new and existing customers.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Professionally interacts with both walk-in and telephone customers
- Provides sales and quotation support to customers and highlights features of additional products and services whenever possible.
- Provides technical support to customers and other staff on application of products.
- Writes up customer orders for pick up and delivery
- Accurately handles cash/sales transactions
- Performs parts lookup using manufacturer’s software
- Ensure attention to detail and accuracy in order entry for customers.
- Ships and tracks orders
- Maintains records of rental inventory, status and ensures billing is completed each month
- Assists in physical inventories
- Stock shelves for showroom
- Helping other team members when working with customers, and assists in training new staff on products and computer systems.
- Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications, attending product knowledge meetings and educational workshops
- Follows all safety practices as outlined in the health & safety manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Must have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in construction products and supplies, and or relevant experience
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Knowledgeable on various construction products and their applications.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills. Strong reading skills
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Knowledge of the construction market in Kelowna would be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Customer Sales Representative Kelowna Position”