If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Counter/Customer Service Representative - Toronto, ON
This position is responsible for assisting to grow the customer base by selling a variety of products and services to new and existing customers.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Professionally interacts with both walk-in and telephone customers
- Provides sales and quotation support to customers and upsells products and services whenever possible.
- Customer consults with Counter Rep re technical issues and Counter Rep provides technical support on application of products.
- Writes up customer orders for pick up and delivery and showroom
- Accurately handles cash/sales transactions
- Performs parts lookup using manufacturer’s software
- Ensure attention to detail and accuracy in order entry for customers.
- Ships and tracks orders
- Maintains records of rental inventory, status and ensures billing is completed each month
- Assists in physical inventories
- Makes local deliveries as necessary
- Stock shelves for showroom
- Helping other team members when working with customers
- Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications, attending product knowledge meetings and educational workshops, as approved
- Follow all safety practices as outlined in the health & safety manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction products and supplies, and or relevant experience
- Minimum High School or equivalent to.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Knowledgeable on various construction products and their applications.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills. Strong reading skills
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.