If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Decorative Sales Representative 2 - Red Deer, AB
The Decorative Sales Representative is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to contractors and the retail public to drive branch revenue and profitability in the area of tile and decorative coverings.
Position Description Summary:
The Decorative Sales Representative is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to contractors and the retail public to drive branch revenue and profitability in the area of tile and decorative coverings. The DSR will reach business targets by demonstrating superior communication skills and appreciation for the requirements of the customer, both practically and aesthetically, and recommend products. This individual will also generate branch traffic by establishing relationships with existing customers and creating a showroom experience that is a destination to shop in their market.. Integrity, vision & passion are essential for this role.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Assist walk in customers and handle inbound prospect calls to convert them to sales.
- Communicate product/service features and benefits in a professional and accurate manner
- Overcome objections and provide solutions for prospective customers.
- Maintain and expand the companies’ database of existing and prospective customers.
- Identify and cultivate prospects that have a high chance of repetitive business.
- Investigate and trouble shoot customer service issues.
- Collaborate with Sales Supervisor and Account Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Maintain showroom in a neat and attractive manor.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of required products.
- Design and application of new product displays and sample boards.
- Prepare quotes and sales order forms
- Administrative duties as required (submitting reports, filing paperwork & PO’s)
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the organization.
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- High School diploma and some post secondary training
- 3+ years in Sales or customer service role, specializing in tile / stone sales
- Demonstrate ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Demonstrate ability to combine colors and materials in an aesthetically pleasing way.
- Strong knowledge of retail and or wholesale principals, methods, practices & techniques.
- Solid interest in interior design and application of design trends & principals.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with customer relationship management software.
*Some occasional weekends required
*No recruiters please
Application deadline: 2021-01-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Decorative Sales Representative Position”