If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Driver - Toronto, ON
Position Description Summary: The driver is responsible for operating and driving a truck that transports cargo to and from specified locations as well as loading own truck. Incumbent must be able to operate moffett on job site.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Driver is responsible for loading, unloading, preparing, cleaning, and operating a vehicle for delivery duties
- Operates a vehicle weighing over 3 tons and having three or more axles and flatbed. Driver must ensure vehicle is in proper operating condition.
- Verifies, matches product against paper work for accuracy, signs off and stores paper work in designated area.
- Prepares all necessary paper work for shipment, attaches way bills to product and keeps copies for sign off by transport drivers or NCA drivers in appropriate areas.
- Loads truck at NCA and unloads product at customer site
- May transport hazardous goods
- Drives vehicle through different routes in all seasons.
- May need to resolve customer complaints.
- Other duties as required by the business
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel. Please ensure you state the minimum education and skills required for the position.)
- Must have minimum a DZ driver’s licence with three years relevant experience and a proven safety record
- Two years experience in Customer Service
- Counterbalance and Reach certified
- Experience delivering to construction sites
- Comfortable completing downtown deliveries
- Has completed transport of hazardous goods training
- Polite and reliable
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and organization skills complimented by the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent knowledge of overall warehousing process would be ideal
- Able to provide clean drivers abstract
- Open to working early shift: Monday to Friday (5am)
- Knowledgeable regarding the geography of the Toronto GTA