If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Manufacturing Coordinator - Toronto, ON
Position Description Summary:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Junior Manufacturing Coordinator is required to assist the manufacturing department with project scheduling, execution, ERP system maintenance (MS Navision) documentation corrections and tracking, and general administration. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Manufacturing Coordinator will ensure the ongoing success of the production team. The Manufacturing Coordinator will improve throughput and other in-house processes with the objective of reducing overall costs and enhancing customer satisfaction.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Assist Production Scheduling Manager in coordinating and maintaining a production schedule.
- Monitor the performance of production employees and enter daily production in ERP system.
- Close completed work orders and enter data in ERP.
- Gather schedule information, update, analyze, and prepare production reports.
- Integrate/combine various schedules to predict departmental capacity and resource loading.
- Provide resource leveling solutions to Manufacturing managers.
- Maintain accurate production data by adding new items and correcting existing items.
- Assist in BOM & Routing creation and correction.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential production BOM problems.
- Gather production data needed for new and existing items to fill in data gaps.
- Produce production reports and prepare daily presentations.
- Other tasks related to NAV as needed.
- Assist with RFQ estimating and quoting.
- Assist with shipping/receiving of material as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- A post-secondary diploma in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of directly related manufacturing experience.
- Training and knowledge of Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Proven track record of being accountable and reliable.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Knowledge in project management is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word.
- Experience with MS Navision as asset.