If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Mig Welder - Toronto, ON
This position will be responsible for welding steel parts for production and fabricating simple fixtures for use on the production floor. In this role, the candidate will operate welding machine and work with a variety of various weld fixtures including creating their own fixtures for use. They are required to produce quality parts within specification.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Ability to weld using various material and techniques (specifically MIG)
- Ability to read and interpret welding blue prints and/or process sheets.
- Repairs, modifies, designs, lays out, or fabricates (with or without blueprints) a variety of metal work including but not limited to production parts and items for use on the production floor
- Complete tasks while ensuring performance targets and quality are met.
- Maintain proper documentation of production.
- Reports any product defects or other serious occurrences to Production Manager
- Documents and records all information/data as per work cards and company requirements
- Responsible for equipment set-up and minor repairs/adjustments to MIG welders
- Performs regular equipment operation checks and reports maintenance or defects to Production Manager
- Maintains weld booth supplies: nozzles, tips, etc. to ensure minimal downtime
- Performs proper housekeeping and clean-up of welding booth
- Works safely with proper PPE.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Minimum 2 years' experience in MIG welding in a manufacturing environment
- GMAW CWB Certification (MIG – Flat Position)
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Able to read, interpret blueprints, drawings and work samples
- Thorough knowledge of MIG Welding procedures and practices
- Able to perform required duties with minimal supervision