If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Territory Sales Manager - Winnipeg, MB
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Territory Sales Manager will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated accounts and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentation skills are essential for this role.
Principal Accountabilities:(The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations) :
- Incumbent’s role is to grow sales by selling the Company’s products or services.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)/service(s) while on-site.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue using cold-calling method if necessary.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate records including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Periodically conduct information-only presentations, such as seminars, trade show demonstrations, and other efforts.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company Account Managers and marketing staff of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel) :
- University or college degree/diploma in business or a technical field, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of direct work experience in an external sales capacity and account management
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Professional demeanour, selling style, and appearance.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- A clean drivers abstract
- Familiarity with construction market and ongoing or upcoming projects in the applicable Region
- Some knowledge of construction supplies & concrete accessories