If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warehouse Associate - Ottawa, ON
This role is responsible for receiving product into the warehouse and filling customer orders within the guidelines and policies of NCA.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Unloads and receives in-bound product arriving at the warehouse. This is typically done by lift truck or hand truck depending on the nature, size and quantity of the product
- Verifies, matches product against paper work for accuracy, signs off and stores paper work in designated area.
- Puts product away in designated area if stock item or in hold area if needed for forwarding.
- Fills customer orders. Picks orders and prepare orders for shipping. Preparation could involve manually wrapping skids.
- Prepares all necessary paper work for shipment, attaches way bills to product and keeps copies for sign off by transport drivers or NCA drivers in appropriate areas.
- Secures the warehouse and premises at the end of the day if last employee to leave the area.
- Equipment needed to be used: Lift trucks, reach truck, walkie, hand truck, buggies/carts, mobile ladders, banding tools, banding cutter and utility knife, push brooms and gas operated snow blower and snow shovel (occasionally).
- Other duties as required by the business
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel. Please ensure you state the minimum education and skills required for the position.)
- Minimum High School or equivalent to.
- Minimum two years warehouse experience
- Trained and certified Forklift operator, with a proven safe track record
- Must be able to continuously lift heavy items
- Excellent accuracy and organization skills complimented by the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Work effectively as a team player
- Excellent knowledge of overall warehousing process