If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warehouse Associate - Langley, BC
We are looking for an energetic Warehouse Associate to join our team in Langley!
This position requires the employee to complete all tasks associated with Shipping, Receiving, and Order picking, including entering information into the computer database. This individual will also be required to interact with customers and delivery drivers providing exceptional service preparing their orders.
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product.
- Operate a Forklift in a safe manner to move received product and prepare product for shipping.
- Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders.
- Verify product expiration codes.
- Inspect product to ensure proper condition with acceptable code dating.
- Lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, and deliveries.
- Maintain organized warehouse, shipping and receiving area, and yard according to policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Support branch with customer service tasks as needed.
- Interact with both walk-in and telephone customers as needed.
- Provide sales and quotation support to customers and offers product advice and/or alternative products to the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by the organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years’ experience operating forklift required.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- Safety focused.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to lift 50lbs without assistance.
- Forklift certification would be an asset.
*Some occasional weekends required
*No recruiters please
Application deadline: 2021-01-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line “Application for Langley Warehouse Position”