If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Warehouse Associate and Inside Sales Representative - Kamloops, BC
We are looking for a dedicated, customer-focused team player to join us in Kamloops!
This position requires the employee to complete all tasks associated with Shipping, Receiving, and Order picking, including entering information into the computer database. This individual will also be responsible for assisting to grow the customer base by selling a variety of products and services to new and existing customers.
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product.
- Operate a Forklift in a safe manner to move received product, and prepare product for shipping.
- Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders.
- Verify product expiration codes.
- Inspect product to ensure proper condition with acceptable code dating.
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
- Lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies and sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized warehouse, shipping and receiving area, and yard according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Professionally interacts with both walk-in and telephone customers
- Provides sales and quotation support to customers
- Provides technical support on application of products.
- Writes up customer orders for pick up and delivery and showroom
- Accurately handles cash/sales transactions
- Performs parts lookup using manufacturer’s software
- Ensure attention to detail and accuracy in order entry for customers.
- Ships and tracks orders
- Maintains records of rental inventory, status and ensures billing is completed each month
- Assists in physical inventories
- Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications, attending product knowledge meetings and educational workshops, as approved
- Follow all safety practices as outlined in the health & safety manual.
- Off load and put away product, by hand and using a forklift
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of warehouse and show room
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills :
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years experience operating forklift required.
- 2+ years experience in construction or building supply sales is strongly preferrer.
- Safety focused
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to lift 50lbs without assistance
- Forklift certification would be an asset
- Experience in construction products and supplies would be an asset
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Kamloops Position”