If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warehouse Associate Calgary - Calgary, AB
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments.
Position Description Summary:
The Warehouse Associate must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality, and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. The Warehouse Associate must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse operations. Inventory management, vendor relations with shipping companies, as well as customer service skills are essential functions for this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product.
- Operate a Forklift in a safe manner to move received product, and prepare product for shipping.
- Assist in loading company delivery truck (Calgary&Edmonton). Includes loading, tarping, strapping materials down
- Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders.
- Verify product expiration codes.
- Inspect product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating.
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies and sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if there are multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized warehouse, shipping and receiving area, and yard according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Assist walk in customers with picking orders and materials loading
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the organization
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Forklift certification
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
*Some occasional weekends required
*No recruiters please
Application deadline: 2021-01-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line “Application for Langley Warehouse Position”