If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Warehouse Manager - Toronto, ON
Warehouse Manager, Toronto We are looking for an energetic, organized, dedicated team player to manage our Toronto Warehouse! Position Description Summary: Below
Warehouse Manager, Toronto
We are looking for an energetic, organized, dedicated team player to manage our Toronto Warehouse!
Position Description Summary:
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at National Concrete Hub center warehouse. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Warehouse Manager will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
• Work alongside and supervise a team of warehouse employees and delivery drivers, including hiring, delegation, training, performance evaluation, career development planning, disciplinary actions, and termination.
• Develop training programs for primary and secondary roles within the warehouse and ensure that warehouse employees are properly trained on each task, and cross trained, where required.
• Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling staff for warehouse needs and assigning employees daily and weekly tasks, as well as engaging in consistent follow up on work results.
• Strive to establish a team of employees that will follow the operational guidelines of the Company, and coach employees who are struggling to carry out those guidelines.
• Make internal departmental adjustments with warehouse employee structure to adapt to changing seasons and fluctuations in workload.
• Ensure employees have proper certification and training on equipment including but not limited to: forklifts, pallet jacks, Interstar color machine, and shrink wrap machine
• Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
• Conduct daily/weekly tool box meetings to ensure open communication on daily and weekly plans and communicate on new Company processes and policies
• Ensure employees customer service skills are above standard
• Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse.
• Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
• Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
• Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
• Develop an organized system of inventory tracking, and keep a detailed paper trail for back up documentation.
• Identify discrepancies between inventory records, investigate, and address
• Identify expired and slow moving inventory products.
• Perform cycle counts as outlined by Management/Finance
• Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
• Take into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
• Manage an annual budget or capital investment plan for warehousing functions across the organization.
• Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
• Assess the need for, and arrange the purchase of, moving equipment like trailers, forklifts, crash pads, dollies, and so on.
• Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspect equipment, and issue work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement equipment.
• Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters and make adjustments where necessary.
• Maintain the safety and security of the warehouse, the loading docks, and surrounding areas to prevent theft, accident or injury.
• Implement and monitor performance metrics for shipping and receiving.
• Assist in picking, loading and receiving orders.
• Customer service and delegation
• Ensure inspections (truck, forklift) are completed daily
• Other duties assigned by the organization.
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
• Post Secondary education in business, with a focus on manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
• 3+ years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function or supply chain management position.
• Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
• Direct knowledge of WHMIS, TDG and other safety systems.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with exceptional writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with coworkers, customers in person, through email, and over the phone.
• The ability to use analysis, creativity and reasoning skills to solve difficult problems.
• Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
• Solid project management skills are essential.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good financial and business awareness.
• Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
• Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
• Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
• Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
• Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
• Dependable, flexible, and punctual, with strong integrity and exceptional prioritization skills
*Some occasional weekends required
*No recruiters please
Application deadline: 2020-09-25
Expected start date: 2020-09-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent