1109 Pro-Seal Asphalt Repair
W.R. Meadows 1109 Pro-Seal sealer for asphalt is a combination of specially refined asphalt emulsions, selected fibers, mineral filler, polymer modifiers and pigments. Pro-Seal forms a tough, ductile, protective coating to an asphalt-wearing surface. Pro-Seal seals and protects asphalt pavement from the damaging effects of moisture, oxidation and freeze-thaw cycles. Sold by the pail. 18.9L
Designed for driveways and commercial parking area applications such as fast food restaurants, apartment complexes, schools, shopping malls and commercial complexes and also used for segregation on new asphalt.Pro-Seal not only protects but beautifies as well. Pro-Seal makes old asphalt looks like new.
- Two or more coats should be applied. Apply second coat after first coat is dry to touch. Multiple coats should be applied in cross direction.
- Setting: Approximately 2-4 hours between applications
- Coverage: Approximately 50-75 sq.ft/gal (1-1.3 sq.m/L) per coat, depending on porosity of the surface.
- Color: Black
- Odor: Petroleum
- Residue(Solids Content): 55-60%
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Storage Life: 1 year
- Weight Per Gallon: 10-11 lb (4.5-5kg)
Do not freeze. Keep out of reach of children. In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Do not store containerized sealer above 38°C (100°F)
Asphalt preparation includes, repairing or removing any surface defects and patching with hot mix. Potholes should be filled with Road Repair and allowed to cure. Clean and seal cracks 1/4" and larger. Treat oil, grease and gasoline stains with a degreser. Final preparation includes, power sweeping and pressure washing area to be sealed to remove loose materials such as leaves, stones, dirt and dust. Brush out all water puddles. Apply sealer while asphalt is still damp. New asphalt must be allowed to cure up to 30 days before sealing.
- Dilute with up to 20-30% clean water
- Stir thoroughly before using
- Pro-Seal can be applied by hand squeegee, mechanical applicator or spray.
- Two coats are recommended, allowng approximately 2-4 hours curing time between coats.
- For a porous surface, you may add 1-3 lb (0.45-1.3kg) silica sand per 3.78L (1 gal)
- Stir thoroughly
- Minimum application temperature is 10°C (50°F)
- Minimum surface temperature is 15°C (60°F)
- Coating should have time to dry before rain or dew can damage
- Pro-Seal should be allowed to cure for 24 hours before opening to traffic
- To enhance sealer performance, you may add A-600 latex additive
- Mix at the rate of 3.78L (1 gal) A-600 latex additive to 3.78L (1 gal) clean water
- Mic thoroughly, then add to one 208L drum (55 US Gal)
- Stir thoroughly before use.