Kerdi Shower Kit 48x48 KK122/ABS/E
KK122/ABS/E 48"x48" Shower Kit with a Stainless steel grate (E 304) (1.4301 = V2A. The Schluter-Shower System is an integrated family of products that together form a fully bonded, watertight assembly for tiled showers.
The Schluter-KERDI-SHOWR-KIT is an all inclusive package containing each of the components required to create a maintenance-free, watertight shower assembly without a mortar bed.
Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST/-SC are prefabricated substrates, made of expanded polystyrene foam, for tiled shower bases in conjunction with Schluter-KERDI waterproofing membrane and Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN. Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST is a prefabricated, sloped shower tray that is specifically designed to accept the Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN and Schluter-KERDI waterproofing membrane. The tray is available in 48" x 48" (122 cm x 122 cm), 32" x 60" (81 cm x 152 cm), and 72" x 72" (183 cm x 183 cm) sizes. Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-SC is a prefabricated curb that can be used with Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST. Curb dimensions are 48" x 6" x 4-1/2" (122 cm x 15 cm x 11.5 cm).
The integrated Schluter-Shower System eliminates the potential for leakage, efflorescence, and mold growth in the system, is maintenance-free, and dramatically reduces total installation time to ensure success and make shower installation easier than ever. Schluter prefabricated shower substrates provide an alternative to shower bases constructed of mortar. The shower tray and curb are especially useful in large-scale, repetitive jobs, such as hotels, apartments, and condominiums for the significant time savings that can be realized.
- 1 Kerdi-Shower-ST Shower Tray (48"x48")
- 2 Kerdi-Shower-SC Shower Curbs (48"x6"x4-1/2")
- 1 Kerdi Waterproofing Membrane (3' 3" x 33')
- 1 Kerdi-Band Waterproofing strip (5" x 33')
- 1 KERDI-DRAIN Drain, with integrated bonding flange
- 4 Kerdi-Kereck Waterproofing inside corner
- 2 Kerdi-Kereck Waterproofing Outside corner
- The substrate must be clean, even, and load bearing. Any leveling must be done prior to placing the tray. If necessary, cut the KERDI-SHOWER-ST tray to size prior to application. The tray should be cut by equal amounts on all four sides to ensure a consistent height of the first course of tile. After locating the correct position (use KERDI-SHOWER-ST as a template), cut a hole in the substrate for the drain.
- Apply unmodified thin-set mortar to the substrate using a 1/4" x 3/8" (6 mm x 10 mm) square- or U-notched trowel. Place the KERDI-SHOWER-ST, making certain to solidly embed the tray in the mortar. Check the underside of the tray to ensure that full coverage is achieved.
- If necessary, cut the KERDI-SHOWER-SC to length with a handsaw. Apply unmodified thin-set mortar to the floor and to the edge of the shower tray using a 1/4" x 3/8" (6 mm x 10 mm) square- or U-notched trowel, and press the curb firmly into place.
- If there is access to the plumbing from below and the waste line can be connected after installing Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN, apply unmodified thin-set mortar to completely fill the step in the shower tray using a 1/4" x 3/16" (6 mm x 5 mm) V-notched trowel. Press Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN firmly into the mortar, ensuring full support of the bonding flange. When job conditions require the setting of Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN by the plumber prior to the installation of the Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST tray (or when there is no access to the plumbing from below), install the KERDI-DRAIN to the appropriate height using the detachable center section of the tray or the foam spacers included with the drain. Before installing the Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST tray, apply thin-set mortar to the substrate and to the top and bottom of the detached center section. Slide the center section into place below the drain to ensure solid and uniform support of the bonding flange. Note: Schluter-Systems recommends installing the KERDI-SHOWER-ST tray prior to setting KERDI-DRAIN whenever possible. This method affords the installer greater control over the final position of the drain and makes it easier to obtain full support under the bonding flange.
- Apply a bond coat of unmodified thin-set mortar to the tray and bonding flange using a 1/4" x 3/16" V-notched trowel. Embed Schluter-KERDI in the thin-set mortar and work the membrane onto the entire surface to ensure full coverage and remove air pockets. The KERDI is carried to the step in the fleece-laminated bonding flange (template provided). Be sure the connection between the KERDI and KERDI-DRAIN is secure. Note: A sheet of cardboard can be placed on the floor to protect the KERDI during subsequent steps.
- Construct floor/wall, floor/curb, and wall/wall connections using Schluter-KERDI-BAND or cut sections of KERDI. Seams are easily constructed by overlapping the edges of KERDI or KERDI-BAND by 2" (50 mm) using an unmodified thin-set mortar.
- Seal the shower curb/wall junction using Schluter-KERDI-KERECK or Schluter-KERDI-KERECK-F inside and outside corners and unmodified thin-set mortar.
- Apply a bond coat of thin-set mortar to the shower walls and curb using a 1/4" x 3/16" V-notched trowel. Embed the KERDI in the thin-set mortar and work the membrane onto the entire surface to ensure full coverage and remove air pockets. The KERDI is carried to the height of the shower head (at minimum). Note: The thin-set mortar used for bonding Schluter-KERDI to the wallsand curb must be appropriate for the substrate and must penetrate and engage the KERDI fleece. For most substrates (e.g., drywall or CBU), an unmodified thin-set mortar is used. Seams in the membrane are constructed by overlapping the edges of KERDI or KERDI-BAND by 2" (50 mm) using an unmodified thin-set mortar. Note: Any protrusions through the KERDI membrane (e.g., mixing valve, shower head, etc.) must be treated with Schluter-KERDI-BAND and Schluter-KERDI-FIX, or equivalent sealant, to ensure a watertight seal.
- Once the entire membrane, including seams, corners, curbs, and connection to drain, have been completely bonded and, therefore, waterproofed, the assembly is ready to be tiled. Note: Prior to setting tile, if the assembly is to be water tested, wait 24 hours to allow for final set of the mortar before testing to ensure waterproof performance of the assembly at seams and connections.
- The grate assembly, which is comprised of a square grate, the height adjustment ring, and the lateral adjustment ring, is set with unmodified thin-set mortar. The height of the grate is adjusted via the height adjustment collar and aligned flush with the top of the tile covering. Since the diameter of the height adjustment collar is smaller than the opening of the bonding flange, the grate can be positioned to match the joint pattern of the tile covering.
- For tile installations using the thin-bed method, apply unmodified thin-set mortar directly to the exposed Schluter-KERDI surface and install the tiles, ensuring full coverage. For acid-resistant coverings, use an epoxy adhesive to set and grout the tile.
Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST/-SC are prefabricated substrates, made of expanded polystyrene foam, for tiled shower bases in conjunction with Schluter-KERDI waterproofing membrane and Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN. Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST is a prefabricated, sloped shower tray that is specifically designed to accept the Schluter-KERDI-DRAIN and Schluter-KERDI waterproofing membrane. The tray is available in 48" x 48" (122 cm x 122 cm), 32" x 60" (81 cm x 152 cm), and 72" x 72" (183 cm x 183 cm) sizes. Schluter-KERDI -SHOWER-SC is a prefabricated curb that can be used with Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST. Curb dimensions are 48" x 6" x 4-1/2" (122 cm x 15 cm x 11.5 cm).
Schluter-KERDI is a polyethylene waterproofing membrane with a very low vapor permeance of 0.75 perms. The material is physiologically safe. Schluter-KERDI requires no special disposal. Schluter-KERDI is waterproof and resistant to most chemicals commonly encountered in tiled environments. It is resistant to aging and will not rot. Schluter-KERDI is highly resistant to saline solutions, acid and alkaline solutions, many organic solvents, alcohols, and oils. Information regarding its resistance to specific substances can be provided if concentration, temperature, and duration of exposure are known. For acid resistant coverings, use an epoxy adhesive
to set and grout the tile.
Schluter-KERDI meets the American National Standard for Load Bearing, Bonded, Waterproof Membranes for Thin-Set Ceramic Tile and Dimension Stone Installations (ANSI A118.10) and is listed by cUPC®.
The drain casing material is selected to match the plumbing system and attached using ABS or PVC cement. The simple connection to standard drain outlets makes KERDI-DRAIN suitable for new construction and renovation. The height adjustment collar, lateral adjustment ring, and strainer are made of ABS.
The grate is available in stainless steel 304 (1.4301 = V2A) and in anodized aluminum with a brushed copper bronze, brushed brass, or brushed nickel finish.