LP4 Filter Fabric 4.57Mx110M
Layfield Geotextile Filter Fabric. Non-woven needle-punched geotextiles offer excellent water flow properties for drainage and other applications. Geotextiles allow water to flow relatively freely. Using high strength synthetic filaments we can reinforce earth structures while allowing water to drain. Geotextiles allow us to build roads, walls and embankments where it was not possible to build in the past. Non-woven geotextiles allow us to move water efficiently while preventing the loss of soil fines that can lead to structural failures. Sold by the roll.
Needle-punched non-woven geotextiles are made from polypropylene fibres that are tangled together in a needle-punching process. The fibres may be made in continuous or short lengths and achieve their strength by interlocking. Needle punched non-woven geotextiles have excellent water flow rates and are used for filtration of soil fines. Needle-punched non-woven geotextiles have been used in drainage applications including trench drains, as a wrapping for perforated pipe, for erosion protection, and combined with three-dimensional structures to create prefabricated drains. They are also commonly used with geomembranes to provide a protective cushion. Needle-punched non-woven primary functionsinclude filtration, separation,protection, and drainage. While their secondary functions include reinforcement.
- Seperation Function: separation of two layers of soil with different soil physical properties, such as road gravel from soft sub-base materials.
- Filtration function: retaining fine particles when water passes from a fine-grained to a coarse grained layer, such as when water flows from a sandy soil into a geotextile wrapped gravel drain.
- Drainage function to drain liquid or gas in the plane of the fabric which results in draining or venting of the soil, such as a gas vent layer in a landfill cap.
- Reinforcement function: improving the load bearing capacity of a soil structure, such as a high strength geotextile to reinforce a retaining wall.
- Protection function: mechanical protection of geomembranes against perforation and abrasion, such as a liner protective layer when only gravel fills are available
Non-Woven Needle-Punched Geotextiles
|US Values||Metric Values|
|AOS||70 sieve||212 microns|
|Weight||4.0oz/yd2 (Nominal)||136g/m2 (Nominal)|
|Thickness||45 mil (Nominal)||
1.1 mm (Nominal)
|Roll Weight||172 lbs||78kg|