Sika Colorplete Tile Red 25 Kg Bag
Sika Colorplete is a premixed, mineral, coloured floor hardener of premium quality, specifically designed for incorporation into the surface of freshly placed concrete slabs. Sold by the bag.
- Colorplete provides both a decorative coloured effect and increased wear and abrasion resistance.
- Consists of selected natural grades of mineral aggregates, pure metallic oxide pigments, pre-blended wetting agents and cement.
- It is factory controlled blended, premixed and ready-to-use.
- The incorporation of Colorplete into the working surface of a concrete slab greatly increases the surface strength, wear resistance and abrasion resistance while densifying the surface and making it less permeable.
- Colorplete surface hardeners provide a durable wearing surface in a variety of pleasing colours without the Maintenance costs associated with painted floors.
Plain concrete floors do not offer the type of abrasion and impact resistance required in modern manufacturing environments. They can be a source of dust, premature wear and are relatively porous allowing penetrations by chemicals and pollutants of all sorts.
Sika Canada Inc. has developed an extensive line of floor hardener and ancillary products that improve the performance of plain concrete floors. Sika floor hardeners increase concrete density as well as abrasion and impact resistance on the wearing surface. This results in a measurable upgrade in durability of three to eight times over plain concrete. Ultimately, this means your floor will have a longer life cycle, free of costly repairs and inconvenient shutdowns.
How it works
Sika combines carefully selected aggregates, Portland cement and wetting agents into a dry powder blend. During the concrete finishing process this powder is broadcast onto the concrete surface and “floated” in, creating a new fully bonded layer. This layer has a lower water/cement ratio and coats the face of the floor with durable aggregates, creating a superior wear resistant surface.
Factors to consider
There are three key variables to consider when selecting a floor hardener. Aggregate type, interlocked gradation and application rate, work together to produce a range of floor hardener applications. Sika floor hardeners combine these factors to produce wearing surfaces for industrial, commercial and institutional floors, whether light, medium or heavy-duty in-service conditions exist.
See Technical Information for More Details