SIKAFLEX 2C NS 5.7L
Sikaflex 2c NS EZ Mix is a two-component, premium-grade, polyurethane-based, elastomeric sealant. It is principally a chemical cure in a non-sag consistency. Sold with a color pack.
- Capable of ± 50 % joint movement.
- Chemical cure allows the sealant to be placed in joints exceeding 13 mm (1/2 in) in depth for non-moving joint.
- High elasticity with a tough, durable, flexible consistency.
- Exceptional cut and tear resistance.
- Exceptional adhesion to most substrates without priming.
- Available in 35 standard architectural colours.
- Colour uniformity assured via Color-pak system.
- Available in pre-pigmented Limestone Grey (no Color-pak needed) (special order only).
- Non-sag even in wide joints.
- ANSI/NSF 61 approval for contact with potable water (special order only).
- Easy to mix.
- Paintable with water, oil, and rubber-base paints.
- Meets ASTM C 920, Type M, Grade NS, Class 25, use T, NT, M, G, A, O.
- Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00227E, Type II, Class A.
- Meets Federal Specification TT-S-001543A
- Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00230C
- Meets CAN/CGSB 19.24 - M90.
- USDA approved.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency acceptance.
- Ministry of Transport Québec acceptance.
- UL Fire Stopping Approved (FF-S-1034, FW-S-1020, HW-S-1018, WW-S-1037)
- Intended for use in all properly designed working joints with a minimum depth of 6 mm (1/4 in).
- Ideal for vertical and horizontal applications.
- Placeable at temperatures as low as 4°C (39°F).
- Adheres to most substrates commonly found in construction.
- An effective sealant for use in Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS).
- Submerged environments, such as canal and reservoir joints.
- The ultimate performance of Sikaflex® 2c NS EZ Mix, depends on good joint design and proper application.
- Some substrates require priming. Please refer to the Sikaflex® Primers Technical Data Sheet or consult with Sika Technical Services.
- Minimum depth in working joint is 6 mm (1/4 in).
- Maximum expansion and contraction should not exceed 50% of average joint width.
- Do not cure in the presence of curing silicones.
- Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure.
- Allow 3-day cure before subjecting sealant to total water immersion.
- Avoid exposure to high levels of chlorine. (Maximum level is 5 ppm).
- Do not apply when moisture vapour transmission exists since this can cause bubbling within the sealant.
- Avoid over-mixing sealant.
- Light colour shades tend to yellow over time when exposed to ultraviolet rays.
- When overcoating, an on-site test is recommended to determine actual compatibility.
Component A - Irritant - Avoid contact. Product is a skin, respiratory and eye irritant. Use of safety goggles and chemical resistant gloves recommended. Use of a NIOSH approved respirator required if TLVs are exceeded. Use with adequate ventilation.
Component B - Combustible - Sensitizer - Irritant - Contains Xylene. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Use with adequate ventilation. Product is a respiratory and skin sensitizer. Avoid contact. Product is an eye, skin, and respiratory irritant. Use of safety goggles and chemical resistant gloves recommended. Use of a NIOSH approved respirator required if TLVs are exceeded.