SIKAFLEX SELF-LEVELING SEALANT 300ML
Sikaflex Self-Leveling Sealant is a single component, self-leveling, premium-grade polyurethane sealant with an accelerated curing capacity.
- 1-component, no mixing.
- Self-leveling, pourable.
- Accelerated curing.
- Permanently elastic.
- High durability.
- Resists aging, weathering.
- Excellent adhesion
- Convenient, easy-to-use packaging.
- Jet fuel resistant.
- Meets ASTM C 920, Type S, Grade P, Class 25.
- Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type 1, Class A.
- Meets CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87, Classification C-1-25-B-N.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Acceptance.
- Ministry of Transport Quebec Acceptance.
Sikaflex Self-Leveling Sealant is used to seal horizontal expansion joints in concrete and cementitious slabs such as:
- Civil Structures
- The ultimate performance of Sikaflex® Self-Leveling Sealant depends on good joint design, correct joint preparation and proper application
- Some substrates require priming. Please refer to the Sikaflex® Primers Product Data Sheet or consult with Sika Technical Services.
- Do not apply when joint walls are wet or damp and a moisture-vapour-transmission condition exists from the substrate as this can cause bubbling within the sealant.
- Maximum depth of sealant must not exceed 13 mm (1/2 in); minimum depth is 6 mm (1/4 in).
- The depth of sealant in horizontal joints subject to traffic is 13 mm (1/2 in).
- Maximum expansion and contraction should not exceed 25% of average joint width.
- Use opened cartridges the same day.
- When applying sealant, avoid air-entrapment.
- Do not tool with detergent or soap solutions.
- Since system is moisture-cured, permit sufficient exposure to air.
- Do not cure in the presence of curing silicone sealants.
- Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure.
- Allow at least 7 days for sealant to cure under stated conditions when using Sikaflex® Self -Leveling sealant in total water immersion situations or prior to painting.
- When over-coating with water-, oil- and rubber- based paints, compatibility and adhesion tests are essential.
- Avoid exposure to high levels of chlorine. (maximum continuous level is 5 ppm of chlorine.)
Irritant; Sensitizer; Combustible Liquid - Contains xylenes, ethyl benzene, isocyanate prepolymer. Can cause skin and/or respiratory sensitization after prolonged or repeated exposure. Skin, eye, respiratory irritant. Avoid skin contact. Use only with adequate ventilation. Use of safety goggles and chemical resistant gloves is recommended. In case of exceedance of TLVs, use an appropriate, properly fitted NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator. Remove contaminated clothing. Keep away from sparks, open flames and high heat.